Trips with children in the surroundings of Molecaten Park Het Landschap
Plenty of fun activities with children at the centre!
Educational, exciting, fun or active. For children, there is plenty to do in one of the many attraction and/or animal parks in the area.
- Museum De Proefkolonie in Frederiksoord: an interactive museum where you go back in time 200 years. Here, you will experience the story of Johannes van den Bosch and the first colonists (paupers and pioneers) who found a new future in the Free Colonies of Weldadigheid.
- Miramar Zeemuseum in Vledder: shows you the impressive collection of sea curiosities collected from all the oceans and continents by the voyaging Miss Warners.
- Gevangenismuseum in Veenhuizen: learn everything about the history of Veenhuizen in the Gevangenismuseum - which is located in one of the original buildings of the colony! - learn everything about the history of Veenhuizen.
- Kameleondorp in Terherne: pay a visit to the Chameleon village in Terherne. Here, the stories from The Chameleon books and films come to life.
- Hunebedcentrum in Borger: back to prehistory. The exhibition in the Hunebedcentrum lets you experience how the hunebed-builders lived and worked thousands of years ago.
- Museum Belvédère in Heerenveen: the first museum for modern and contemporary art in Friesland.
- Nationaal Vlechtmuseum in Noordwolde: Noordwolde is known as the 'plaiting village of the Netherlands', where for years baskets, chairs, cradles and other products were plaited from local willow.
- Groninger Museum in Groningen: The museum for art, design and art history with changing collections and exhibitions.
- Skûtsjemuseum in Eernewoude: central to this museum is the life of an earlier generation of sailors who sailed on skûtsjes.
- Museum Opsterlân in Gorredijk: Experience the interesting past of Gorredijk and the municipality of Opsterland in Museum Opsterlân.
Play and amusement parks
- Attractiepark Duinen Zathe in Appelscha: an unforgettable day at the most famous amusement park in the north of the Netherlands.
- Familiepark Nienoord in Leek: with the whole family all day long jumping, sliding and running in the large playground with various slides, climbing castles, bouncy castles and merry-go-rounds! Come and see the petting zoo and take a ride in the train.
- Familiepark De Naturij in Drachten: the nicest and biggest play park of Friesland! With 70,000m2 of play area there is something for everyone. Climbing and clambering around in the indoor play hall, the mega playground, cuddling the goats, racing in the traffic garden or going on an expedition in nature.
- Plopsa Indoor Coevorden in Dalen: experience an unforgettable day in the indoor amusement park with more than 25 attractions in the magical and enchanting world of Studio 100.
- Cowboy & Indianen Speelreservaat in Coevorden: offers children from 1 to 12 years the opportunity to play indoors and outdoors on the many playground equipment such as trampolines, rope bridges, slides, bouncy castles, ball pools and much more.
- Flippies Pretpaleis in Bakkeveen (at Molecaten Park 't Hout): run, fly, jump, dance, clamber around, splash around; in the indoor playground 'Flippies Pretpaleis' you can do it all.
- Openluchtzwembad Dúndelle in Bakkeveen: a heated open air swimming pool with a 25 metre pool, a high diving pit with unique underwater windows and two diving boards. There is also a separate toddlers' pool and large sunbathing area.
- Midgetgolf Dúndelle in Bakkeveen: an 18-holes competition course with various obstacles in a park-like garden.
- WILDLANDS Adventure Zoo in Emmen: make a world trip in one day. Travel through the jungle, the savannah and the polar region. Discover new worlds and stand eye to eye with wild animals.
- AquaZoo in Leeuwarden: learn from the polar bear inspection, join the party during the Pinguïn Haringhapfestijn and step on a barge together with a zookeeper during the Seal safari!
- Zoo Bizar in Orvelte: a mini-zoo, creatively set up on the part of an old Saxon farm in the museum village of Orvelte. Various small (exotic) animal species can be admired.
- Taman Indonesia in Kallenkote: a small-scale zoo specialised in Indonesian culture, animals, plants and delicious food.
- Stoer bij de boer in Valtermond: pigs, alpacas, rabbits, ponies, donkeys and cows to look at and cuddle.
- Zeehondencentrum Pieterburen in Pieterburen: one of the oldest and best seal rehabilitation centres in the world. Volunteers and researchers from all over the world live and work at the campus and field station.
- Boerderij Nieuw Weper in Oosterwolde: learn all about the ins and outs of the farm and meet the animals during a guided tour. Also ask all questions about the farm.
- De Maargies Hoeve in Kallenkote: a dairy farm, care farm, teahouse and cookery. Immerse yourself in the country feeling, enjoy the surprising and attractive decor, take a look at the stables, relax in the church or spoil the inner man in the tearoom.
- Vlinderparadijs Papiliorama in Havelte: enjoy the exotic, colourful flying jewels of nature in a specially laid out piece of tropical jungle.
- Molecaten Outdoor Drenthe in Wezuperbrug (at Molecaten Park Kuierpad): climbing park, all-weather ski slope, archery and skate park.
- Kabouterland in Exloo: with an exciting troll cave, a covered walking path, small exotic animals and an enigmatic castle ruin.
- Buitencentrum Boomkroonpad in Drouwen: take an exciting trip through the root tunnel and through the tops of the trees.
- Blotevoetenpad at Buitencentrum Drents-Friese Wold: feel the sand, the cool water, softly prickling pine needles and twigs with your bare feet. A stimulating walk for bare feet, which are usually hidden in a pair of shoes anyway.
- Holtinger Schaapskudde with sheepfold in Havelte: in the summer, the shepherds take the sheepfold out onto the heath every day, regardless of the weather. Departure from the fold takes place around 9.30 am. Around 16.30 hrs, the flock returns to the fold.
- Schaapskudde Balloërveld in Balloo: with 400 Drentse heath sheep, it is the largest flock in Drenthe! Wonderful to see. On the information panel at the sheepfold you can read exactly where they graze, sometimes it takes a long walk and a bit of searching.
- Ezelknipoog in Meppen: take a very special walk in the village of Meppen...together with donkeys Tommy and Luuk!
- Definitely go there: the watchtowers in the Aekingerzand, Doldersummerveld and the Belvedère.
- Eko-Tours in Exloo: experience a unique green adventure on the Hondsrug with 100% electric and whisper quiet vehicles. Use discount code mpk2022eko for € 2.00 discount per paying participant.